I can’t believe the day is here! It’s the first official day of this project I’ve been dreaming of for years!
I’m both insanely nervous and outrageously excited for C&C Farmhouse. I have big plans for this little blog, and can’t wait to see where it takes me. Before I get ahead of myself though it’s time for an introduction, and I’ve decided to do so with 10 facts about me that many people don’t know.
- Growing up I always thought being a grocery store checker would be the coolest job. I even had a toy check stand with a conveyor belt that beeped when you scanned an item.
- The very first time I changed my son’s diaper in the hospital, he peed on me! I’ve since forgiven him for such a rude hello.
- I wear sandals year round. Snow on the ground doesn’t even stop me.
- I have always been on the shy side, especially if I don’t know someone. However, I got a moment of bravery during a late night meeting in college and happened to speak up to a boy I had never met. Thank goodness for that because that boy is now my husband!
- My older sister, Darcy, and I were on a TV show! We taught two city kids how to milk cows and work on our family farm for a PBS special. We even took one of our dairy cows into the TV studio for more filming.
- My obsession with sweets started at a young age when I use to eat spoonfuls of brown sugar as a snack. I’ve since upgraded my eating habits to cookies, ice cream, and donuts though.
- After Fact #5 you may think I would eat anything with sugar. Well, I was a very picky eater at a young age. One particular dessert item I stayed away from was whipped cream. I hated it! I once cried at a restaurant because they put whipped cream on my ice cream. I’m sure my Mom remembers that afternoon!
- My grandpa was a professional fisherman which meant summers were full of fishing at their lake house and eating the day’s catch. Unfortunately, after eating my weight in fried fish one night, I had a fish bone stuck between my tonsil and the side of my mouth. Don’t worry though my dad grabbed his nearest set of pliers and didn’t hesitate to yank it out!
- I have been in 31 of the 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico!
- This isn’t my first blog technically. I started a very amateur blog when Cody and I first got married, and even started another one a few months back. This past week I finally got enough courage (and urging from my husband) to really push myself and tackle my fear! So C&C Farmhouse is born!
As I’m rereading this post I’m shaking my head at myself a little bit! These facts really do show who I am. Hopefully you learned something new and check back later this week because I’m going to let you guys in on one of my favorite meals ever, and I would bet that you have never heard of it!